It helps a lot.  It's depressing, but it helps.  Seems after all these
years, we'd be beyond the 160x160 mode.
Anyway, I have one more question based on something you said.
"Sony doesn't have any equivalent of OS5's high-density bitmap families, so
all bitmaps drawn for you by the system are assumed to be single-density
and become pixel-doubled.  If you want to draw a bitmap in high-resolution,
you have to do it manually by calling HRWinDrawBitmap or
HRWinCopyRectangle."

Are you saying that any image that I create in an external program like
Paint Shop Pro or other image program will be assumed to be low resolution
and have pixel doubling performed on it?  I think you are but I want to be
sure.  If that is the case, I might as well just stay with what I have.
Mike