In article <88430@palm-dev-forum>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

> Hi ..
>
> I had done some Palm application development a lil more than a year ago when
> C++ wasn't soo popular with the OS .. libraries weren't soo easily available
> & stuff. The application was developed entirely in C & it worked out really
> well. However, now I have some more Palm OS development at hand & have been
> out of touch with the Palm scene for a long time. I'd like to know whether C
> is still advocated as the best choice for Palm OS programming or is C++ as
> efficient. Also, are C++ libraries easily available ?

I'm a big fan of Object Library for Palm OS.  See my review at
http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$24.

I also like Tilo Christ's Razor for game development.  See
http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$23.

C++ can be wasteful, but it doesn't have to be.  My talk at PalmSource
2002 was about how to write C++ code for the device that doesn't incur a
big overhead.  The authors of POL did a good job of reducing the number
of virtual methods used to a minimum, plus using inline code only when
it really will reduce total code size.
--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead