Well, the original logic behind putting the space in
the blank field was to have something in it, so a NULL
string wouldn't be passed and cause a fatal alert at
line 67 in StringMgr.c - that's the error message I'm
getting, so apparently the space isn't working.  Good
logic at work there, huh? ;-)

I have a form to enter info, a form to edit info, and
a form to view info with - they're all more or less
the same, but the first one writes to the database,
the second one r/w, and the third one just reads, then
writes to non-editable text fields(get/set attributes
are wonderful apis. *s*)  Right now, this is happening
on the enter form, but it appears to write to the db
ok when all the fields are filled in.  If they don't
have all the information for all the fields at that
particular moment, I want them to be able to leave 2
of them blank(store/price 1 and store/price 2 make up
4 of my 6 fields) and come back and fill them in
later.

Then again, Mark Wilden may have answered my question,
I haven't read his response yet *g*, but any feedback
any of you guys can give me would be greatly
appreciated...

-Craig