While Gremlinizing I've run into a scenario that has me baffled...

I have a note field that's pretty much verbatim from the notepad code that
does edit in place.  I open the record, pass FldSetText the rec Handle and
the offset.  This works like a charm except Gremlins finds a chunk over-lock
condition.  I cannot duplicate it manually on poser or the device.

If I continue through it, I get an OS alert telling me that the handheld is
full (which is isn't).  Any additional text in the field at this time will
cause the same error.  But since I'm editing in place I'm fairly hands off
at this point.

If I save and pickup where I left of this doesn't happen.  I know the device
isn't full, I know the field hasn't reached the max yet, and I'm not in
control of the number of locks on the fld handle.

Anyone have any wisdom to shed my way ?

--
MD