"Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hi, all
>
> I am writing a program utilizing the serial port on palm to receive
> data from a serial communication source. Everything works fine until
> the very moment of mid-night --- one may preset the clock to
> 11:59pm so that he doesn't have to wait for a whole day to see the
> result. At exactly 12:00AM, the serial port will stop receiving
> data, to make it worse, instead of losing a few bytes, the only way
> to resume the receiving is to call SrmClearErr(gPortID), hinting a
> serious prolbem in either the serial manager or even the serial
> manager.
>
> Any one has suggestion regarding this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> XC
>
> ps. Test condition:
>
> 1) Tried three different baud rate: 115200 baud, 57600 baud and 19200
> baud
> 2) Tried both default serial buffer size, and user-allocated 16384
> bytes buffer.
> 3) Data rate: 245 bytes per second, regardless the baud rate
> 4) Tested on Palm m105 and Sony Clie: Repeatable same finding

I've just tested it, here are my results:

- Palm III (Palm OS 3.0) (serial cradle): Communication freeze and my app
fail to complet its communication

- Palm m505 (Palm OS 4.0) (USB cradle): Communication freeze for about 1
sec. than it comme back. My app is able to complet its communication (after
a few retry a guess)

- Will try with a m515 and a serial cradle and comme back to you.

Regis St-Gelais ing.
Ingénieur de projets / Project engineer
Développement informatique / Software development
Le Groupe ISAC Inc.
Courriel / Email ..............: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Site Internet / Web site ...: www.isac-inc.com