There isn't a simple way that I know of...

You need to get the Sony SDK, and do a couple of things.
(from memory...)
A) figure out that you are indeed on a Sony device
B) search for and open the HiRes library
C) get the state
D) change the state you want if it isn't what you want.

<your app runs here>

E) restore it when you are done.
F) close the library at exit.

--