>I have written the following code to receive SMS messages from a phone
>using the Telephony APIs, and it all appears to work except for one
>step: TelSmsSelectStorage never changes the storage from store 0 (the
>SIM card).

<SNIP/>

>      err = TelSmsSelectStorage (smsLibRef, smsPalmTelAppID,
>getAvailStore.storagesP[j], NULL); // this function call doesn't seem to
>properly sellect the storage!

<SNIP/>

I'm afraid I don't have answer for you... but I have some questions that may
help us work out what's going on with your code.

Firstly - it would be useful to know what phone you're connecting to and
how - make / model / connection (IR / BT / serial etc)/ drivers (standard
GSM driver, Nokia 6210 driver etc.) For starters it would be useful to know
if the phone has any other SMS storage other than the SIM.

Secondly - it would be useful if you told us exactly how your code was
failing. Answering some of the following would be useful...
- Does TelSmsGetAvailableStorage() return sensible values for count and in
the array?
- Does TelSmsSelectStorage() return an error?
- Does calling TelSmsSelectStorage(smsLibRef, smsPalmTelAppID,
kTelSmsStoragePhone, NULL) work to access the phone's SMS store (assuming it
has one)?
- After TelSmsSelectStorage() is used, do you always get a view on of the
SIM messages - or do you just get emptry responses back from the other
stores?
- After using TelSmsSelectStorage() what does TelSmsGetSelectedStorage()
return?

Cheers
Russell