From: Dave Slotter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 July 2002 19:17
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: RE: Please do me a favor...

Dave,

I get a number of these as well, although not usually 20-30 a day
(probably because I haven't traditionally used the forums a lot during
summer). Anyway, I don't know how effective your request is going to be
here, seeing as how many people forget about this feature's effect on
mailing lists, newbies subscribing and not seeing your message, etc.

May I suggest an alternative (although I'm not sure this will be much
more effective)?  How about everyone on this list who is annoyed by this
feature (usually part of Microsoft Outlook) sends an email to Microsoft
asking them to be make Outlook friendly towards mailing lists? I would
envision the following changes/features:

1. No autoresponders to list addresses.
2. No HTML posts to list addresses (plaintext only please!)
3. Option to turn off mail notification for list addresses / mail
folders.

What do you think?

-Dave Slotter