>> Palm used to provide an API for doing this - based on hacking the
NetworkDB
>> directly.  It only works with OS3.1 thru OS4 - but if that's all you need
>> it
>> did the job (if rather slowly).
>>
>> The API has a header file that defines the NetworkDB format, and gives
>> details of type/creator - useful if you're trying to hack it yourself.
>>
>I don't suppose you know why they don't provide it anymore ? It seems a bit
>weird to stop what seems to me to be a useful API.

The API was always a hack - never a real API.  However, it's the only way
edit / add Network Profiles they provided, so I never did work out why they
pulled it.  My only thought is that with new devices not having the same
NetworkDB format they thought having the API in the wild would create more
trouble than worth.

I was assuming when it got pulled that the next release of the SDK would
include a proper API for working with the network panels - but OS5 doesn't
bring any joy there.  It'sa pity - as PDAs become more and more connected
they'll be more and more developers having to deal with this problem of not
being able to setup their user's network panel information for them.

Cheers
Russell