From: Amit Kalekar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Could you please do me favour, Please use the shared library of zlib
> and see wether it gives the buffer error on the Codewarrior 8.

Actually just patiently reading and writing email is all I'm able to
contribute to the forums.  (That pesky real job keeps getting in the way!
:-)  I'd dare say the same goes for most forum members.

> Or please give me the link of the project there they have actually
> used the compress2() function....

I don't personally know of any.  If anybody lurking has advice on this
particular function, hopefully they'd give a yell.

> I have tried it. but the problem remains the same, it returns me
> the buffer error (-5).

I'm running out of advice, but let me suggest a couple last things.  As you
see it's hard to debug with someone else's pre-built shared library.  So I
suggest you drop the PalmZLib shared library and switch back to getting the
static link version of zlib to work.  As we already covered, you are fairly
close.  Please review and follow all the advice given here:

    http://www.escribe.com/computing/pcpqa/m62405.html
    http://www.escribe.com/computing/pcpqa/m62429.html

Let us know if that *doesn't* fix the link errors after you try it.  Then
assuming the link errors are resolved, test your library using some of the
driver functions in example.c included with the zlib distribution.

-slj-