>I think you've now got two exceptions.  The factory settings
>for rcp files set launchable off.  That means that if you've got
>a good rcp editor that you want launched when you double-
>-click an rcp file you also need to adjust the 'launchable'
>flag.

The problem is that if they were marked "launchable" by default, you
couldn't easily open them in a CW editor window, which is the default way
to edit them.

Would the ability to right click on the .RCP file and choose an external
editor work for you?  This is a serious question, since we've done some
major changes in our PilRC support for V9, and I think this format will be
becoming more important for more users.

>high on my list of 'what makes CW painful' is the idea
>that the applications that make up your development
>environment are defined for each target.  Having to manually
>open and alter *every* target for every project to change a
>file mapping is clumsy.

Agreed.  We are working on a more hierarchical preferences architecture for
the future that will let you setup "prefs style sheets" that allow more
global changes, but I'm not sure when this system will be in
place.  Definately not for V9, but hopefully in the IDE for the version of
the Palm OS tools after that.

>Of course if this already exists and I just missed it feel free
>to beat me with the RTFM stick.

Nope, its a good suggestion... global prefs settings and per-file prefs
settings are all on our IDE roadmap.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead