[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in news:95266@palm-dev-forum:

> Hi Todd,
> I am the author of Razor, so my views might be slightly biased :-)
>> Anyone here use Razor?
> Until now I have seen three games in various stages of development. I
> also have plenty of reports from people who got it to compile on various
> platforms (PRC-Tools, CW6, CW8; Linux, Windows, Mac). New versions
> always prompt plenty of downloads (0.75 is out since Sunday and has
> received around 400 downloads until today).

My next game will be a 3-D, isometric type, turn based.  From reading the
docs, it looks like razor works best with 2-D games.

I'm thinking that it could be useful for blitting, but of course the
collision detection code wouldn't be useful.  However, since this
is a framework, I don't know how well it would work.

>> Is it any good?
> Plenty good :-)
>> Bugs?
> All known bugs are listed on the Sourceforge bugtracker for the Razor
> project at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/razor-engine/
>> Limitations?
> Support for color resolutions higher than 8 bit is limited. OS5 support
> is in the works but not there yet. Some functionality that folks have
> requested, and that is still missing: Palette support (coming real soon,
> now that I found the undocumented BITMAPPALETTE parameter in PilRC);
> generic collision detection facility (very hard to design, I am not sure
> if it would really make anybody happy).

I was targeting 8-bit with a 12-bit palette, OS 3.5+ so that wouldn't
be a problem.

Todd.