At 9:18 AM -0700 10/5/02, Michel Petrovic wrote:

>what's the criteria for the comparison with struct
>that I'll save if I don't find any matching record??

If you don't know the answer to that question, then you need to
refine your problem a bit.  The notion of whether two records/pieces
of information are "the same" depends on how you're using it.

Consider just a trivial example of a list of people.  If that's a
membership list in a club, then you just want one entry per person.
But if it's a list of people who walked by your front yard, you would
want someone in twice.

You can use any pieces of the record to make your determination of
presence/absence/sameness--you write the comparsion function, after
all.

Hal