At 19:55 2002-10-9 -0400, you wrote:
>I use breakpoints all the time.  A 'break' is more useful when your program
>is getting stuck in an endless loop and its not immediately clear where it
>is.  I'm using Gremlins and its happening after 20,000 or so events, so its
>takes a while to track down an endless loop using only breakpoints.  If it
>gets stuck in a loop, however, and I could just hit 'break' and it shows me
>the current line of execution, then it would be trivial.  But, as I
>mentioned before, 'Break' is disabled in my project and I'd like to enable
>it if it will do what I think it will.

I think the problem is that POSE can't really inject the "break" at any
time, as the processor might not be running your code, but running a OS
task in the background.  Normally, it waits for detectable user events
before trying to call things in the system.  You could try to graffiti
"shortcut dot dot 1", but that probably won't take.

We actually tried to implement the "stop" button in the CW debugger, but
the Palm OS debug protocol just didn't support any sort of "stop" operation
on any of the devices we tried.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead