Are you using the Emulator with debug ROMs? Use the latest POSE (3.5) and
the OS 4.1 debug ROMs with all the debug checks turned on and run Gremlins.
POSE does a pretty thorough job of looking for memory accesses in forbidden
places, and the debug ROMs do a good job of checking your use of the Palm OS
APIs through assertions.

In CodeWarrior, the Palm menu has a Debug Console menu (or something similar
depending on your platform) where you can scramble the heap, compact it,
fill up most free memory, etc. This can also be done in code. Take a look at
the Development Tools Guide chapter on the Console (the guide is in the 5.0
SDK docs).

Finally, take a look at the Expert Case Studies online course, which is free
until the end of the year. Click on the Developers link at
www.palmsource.com and follow the Training links to the course enrollment
form.

Good luck,
JB @ PalmSource