I'm looking for advice on the best way to create 'plugins' for an
application I'm writing. I'm hoping eventually to be able to just publish an
API so anyone can write plugins for the program. I've been trying to work
out how other programs do it, but the information appears to be hidden
behind licensing agreements.

1) Can I just create applications for the plugins and then just call these
via SysAppLaunch and a particular launch code that does the 'plugin' work.
If so how, does this work for .prc which aren't of type 'appl' ?? I was
thinking of using 'plgn' as my type to allow them to be found easier. I
haven't been able to get this way to work unless I create applications -
this could just be an error in my use of gcc though..?

2) Should I create these plugins as libraries and then load the
functionality in that way?

3) Is there anything I should be careful off in my plugins ... I'm guessing
I won't have access to globals, but is there anything else.

4) How using the gcc tools do I hide the icon in the launcher if it's an
'appl' type.

If there's any examples out there that would be great.