Using emulator 3.5

Using gremlins, I've isolated an event which produces an undesirable effect
in my program.  How do you go about figuring out which event was run leading
up to that point.  I have a psf file saved a few events before the problem.
I can't figure out what was pressed that leads to the problem.  I read in
the Palm Programming Developer's Guide that you can drop into the debugger.
No idea how to do this.

Using the step mode I can reproduce the problem consistantly.

Potential bugs in emulator:

When you press the step button it often runs several events.
Incorrect event numbers.

For example I told the emulator to stop at event 1000.  The emulator then
reads Event 1003 of 1000.  Pressing the step button
it then reades Event 1005 of 1004.

Also what does the .pev file do.  It comes up when I want to replay but I
have no idea what is being replayed.  Does it start at the beginning and run
the
whole gremlin sequence again.

Jay