That's a pretty good idea about decompressing into
another database...I hadn't thought about that.  But,
this still leaves me with the problem of how to attach
this database inside the PRC.  I don't want the
end-user to have to load 2 files (PRC and PDB).  I
just want a single PRC file.

I've tried using the 'par' utility to merge a PDB to a
PRC file, but that didn't work. It merged the two
files, but then the program couldn't "see" the
database.

This is why I tend to steer away from databases for
storing my word list.

Thanks,

-Robert

> Bottom-line, a database of 40,000 records is way too
> LARGE for a Palm game. And compressed data in
records
> is useless until it's uncompressed.

Why is 40k records way too big again? And you can
store more than one
word per record.

If you have to compress it, can't you just uncompress
it into a database
instead of into memory?