Hi there,

I have been trying out the Graffiti2 engine in PalmOS 5.2.

I am using GrfProcessStroke to translate main screen (not graffiti area)
writing into text characters.

This works fine for alphabetic characters, but I cannot discover how you are
supposed to input numeric characters when writing outside the numeric
graffiti area.

Using Graffiti 1, I used to call GrfSetState (with the numLock parameter
true) to force the recogniser to return digits only. But this call is not
supported by Graffiti 2.

Has any graffiti-artist out there any ideas as to how numeric input can be
read from the main screen?

PalmSource, if you are listening, if this is a permanent restriction,
doesn't this restrict the usefulness of Graffiti 2 for training
applications?

My handwritten calculator (CalcWrite) application (demo at PalmGear.com)
depends on it.

Thank you...

Robert