From: "Jeff Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:44 PM
Subject: RE: VFS Volume error

Nicholas Pleis wrote:
>> I'm having some intermittent problems with VFS.
>> Under certain conditions (that I have not been able to
>> reproduce) I am receiving error code
>> vfsErrVolumeBadRef from calls to VFSFileOpen().

>> Under certain circumstances (The closest I've come
>> to reproducing it is when a SD Card is removed
>> from one device and inserted into another) this
>> process fails with the vfsErrVolumeBadRef as the
>> return value.

Once you remove the card, then the volume reference is invalid.  When a new
card is inserted, you should mount the volume, then try to open your file.

As Jan mentioned in his reply, you can register for and respond to events
that will let you know when the card has been removed and inserted.  You can
then take appropriate action.

I've found this to be very reliable.

Jeff