Hi,

I'm just about to start writing an exchange library, and I have some
questions about getting started...

- I'm confused about the CW9 project settings for the library and app that
are built by the host transfer project.  The project builds both a host
transfer library and host transfer test application, but it seems to just be
setup for building an application.  I didn't know CW could build multiple
executables under a single target in a single project and I don't see where
the settings are for the ExgLib executable.  Since this is the only ExgLib
example, I don't know what project project settings one would use to just
build an ExgLibrary.   The host transfer project's "Type" is "Palm OS
Application" (not "PalmOS Code Resource" or "Code Library") and it's Output
file "Type" is "appl" (not "libr").  And the project links to
StartupCode.lib, but doesn't have CWRuntime.c.  If I just want to build an
exg lib and not an app, shouldn't my project exclude StartupCode.lib and use
CWRuntime.c and be of type "PalmOS Code Resource" and output file type
"libr"?

- I'm also confused about how an exchange library is registered with the exg
mgr.  The host transfer example's library code does have a
PrvInstallHostTransferDispatcher() routine that says it will be called when
the library is installed.  But first, it's not clear how that function
becomes the entry point at install time; and second, in this case, the
library is not actually installed that way.  Instead, it's commented out,
and the library is installed by the host transfer test application.

- Lastly, I'd be interested to hear any more on issues with OS5 -- whether
anything has to be done differently for the dispatch jump table's assembly
code, what the expectation should be for when the known bug for exgPut might
be fixed, or whether there's a workaround as Matt alluded in mentioning the
SMS exchange library working on OS5.

Thanks,
Jason