What I've currently got working is code that runs the Tungsten IR port at
about 40,000 baud.  The IR port is just another serial port, so the issues
of setting the baud rate are exactly the same.  I've also got some test code
that overrides the SrmOpen baud rate on a 68k to a separately calculated
baud rate.  This is all developmental code, but it sounds like someone else
besides me might be interested in something like a utility library.  The
hardware is certainly capable of non-standard baud rates on both the serial
connector and the IR port.

Mike - from what you have said about your 10,400 baud data connection, I'm
wondering if you really want 8 bit characters (plus a start and a stop bit)
from the serial connection.  It sounds like you are trying to sample a pulse
stream, and are just using the 8 bit setup because it is what's available.
Tell me more about the characteristics of the data stream - there is more
that can be done than simply setting the baud rate.