I'm curious as to what the limitation actually is.  I wonder
if they have hardwired an RS-232 port through one of those
serial-to-IrDA stack chips ( in which case I can see why
raw Ir is impossible).  Or it's also possible that there is a
human miscommunication... defining "raw IR" would help
for the purposes of this discussion. (E.g. is it IrDA physical
layer?  Or do they mean UART-style bit widths?)

Obviously the device is capable of IrDA physical layer, ... it's
just turning off the protocol stack that sounds iffy.  Or maybe
they just mean it's impossible to turn off the IrDA physical
layer bit widths?

Also, the Wakeup Handler issue is a big one too.

GB

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> The plugged in program says this is a Hardware problem and there is
> currently no work around and may never be one, so its tough luck.
> Not very good I agree.
>
> Rik

IR
> port in raw mode !
> Is it mean that the Palm TT could discuss through infrared ONLY with
IRComm