With bluetooth connection, I use RFComm to communicate with bluetooth device
as following :

  MemSet( &btParams, sizeof(btParams), 0 );     // note this leaves the
remote dev addr null
  btParams.role = btVdClient;                   // we are the client side
  btParams.authenticate = false; //No link authentication
  btParams.encrypt = false;  //No link encryption

  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[0] = 0xB3; // remote device addr
byte 1
  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[1] = 0x88; // remote device addr
byte 2
  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[2] = 0x1B; // remote device addr
byte 3
  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[3] = 0x57; // remote device addr
byte 4
  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[4] = 0x60; // remote device addr
byte 5
  btParams.u.client.remoteDevAddr.address[5] = 0x00; // remote device addr
byte 6
  btParams.u.client.method = btVdUseChannelId;
  btParams.u.client.u.channelId = 0x53;

  // Set up the SrmExtOpen param block to reference our bluetooth param
block
  MemSet( &config, sizeof(config), 0 );
  config.function = 0;                       // must be zero
  config.drvrDataP = (MemPtr)&btParams;      // bluetooth-specific params go
here
  config.drvrDataSize = sizeof(btParams);    // size of bluetooth-specific
params

  err = SrmExtOpen(
   sysFileCVirtRfComm, // type of port == bluetooth RfComm
   &config,            // port configuration params
   sizeof(config),     // size of port config params
   &btPortId           // receives the id of this virtual port instance
   );

But I find that the timeout is take long times and the target bluetooth
device will pop up a screen to allow the connection. Is there a way to find
out the bt device within the range firstly ?

Best Regards,
raymond