At 23:32 +0200 6/8/03, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I guess the ones you need to be concerned about are Sony and Palm. I
wouldn't bother about the HandEra 330. So you will only need to read

Adding widescreen support for the AlphaSmart Dana, and wide/tall screen support for the Handera 330, can be done at the same time. The API's are very similar. AlphaSmart's SDK is on the PalmSource web site, along with a modified POSER 3.5 to emulate the Dana. AlphaSmart users are really rabid fans of their devices, and are hungry for widescreen-enabled apps--good market opportunity there I think.

Don't forget the TapWave machine too. Don't know where their SDK is offhand, but should be easy to find.

These days the important idea is that you can't count on the size of the screen, or the shape, or the horizontal/vertical orientation. So ask at runtime.