Hi!

myClass::function1(MemPtr var, Boolean ok = false)

the compile errors out. If I remove the default value of
false it will compile.  How do I fix this problem?

The above makes the impression as if you were declaring the default in the method implementation, is this right?
So does it look like
void myClass::function1(MemPtr var, Boolean ok = false)
{
}

It really belongs into the class declaration:
myClass
{
    void function1(MemPtr var, Boolean ok = false);
};

You might also want to try using "False" instead of "false". Default values definitely work with GCC.

Cheers,
Tilo