i'm using CW + POL to write a streaming file in a Palm app,
using the POL CFile class (which calls FileOpen,FileWrite,etc)
...the Palm app just reads packets from a serial connection
and just needs to save the data as one big block...henced
why i used streaming file...

...for my conduit, using CDK 4.03, i can read in
this block. i use the CHHMgr class -> palmRec(CPalmRecord)
which reads this block. I noticed though, that the
data pointer ( via palmRec.GetRawData() ) points 8 bytes
before the actual data, the first 4 bytes make up "DBLK"
(what does "DBLK" represent?) and then the next 4 bytes make up
the size the data...no problem to get the data by moving the
pointer 8 bytes ahead ( i just need to parse it and save to a flat file),
but does this sound correct ? ...wondering if anyone else has done similar.

i read the drawback of using streaming file is that i cannot
backup the pdb to PC, is this correct ?

...thanks