Reading the palm companion guide, there is an 8 byte record entry stored in
the record list of the database header.  So, for each additional note that
you have that is >24 bytes, you automatically gain 8 bytes.  The data is
stored in a chunk which also has an 8 byte header on it storing lock counts
and such, so add another 8 bytes to get you to 16 bytes per extra record.

I think that is it for the overhead per record, and I don't think you can
easily change this.

Brad

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]