I think you're missing the point; you should not be using stack space so
heavily.  Remember that the PalmOS is a memory constrained device, and use
it's space wisely.  The stack is the worst place to store instances of large
C++ objects, or C structures, declare a pointer instead, and allocate the
memory on the dynamic heap.  You'll get the same functionality, but much
less stack usage.

If you're trying to store more data than can fit in the dynamic heap,
consider using the storage heap, particularly for large amounts of read only
data such as indexes, or lookup lists.

Alan