Hi All,

First I would like to thank again all people who posted some message here,
once that viewing the historical messages wa a unvaluable resource for me on
my first steps programming for Palm.

I'm glad to say that I did finish a Order Entry application on the Palm
platform and it's working smothly, so the time when I was asking what is a
Char **, has gone thanks for the patient people on this list, once that is a
C question and not a Palm Development question.

Now I want to send a PDB file to a FTP server and download from the same
server another(s) PDBs, on the Palm side I have a modem and on the Server
side I have a Linux machine working as a RAS and FTP.

More specifically what I want to do in my application is:

1-) Dial to a Remote Access Server and establish a PPP connection (just as
the Connect button at the Network option inside preferences do, but from my
application and not from that button).

2-) Upload to a previously defined FTP server one or more PDB files

3-) Download from the server one or more PDB files

4-) Record this activity on the Palm (this I know how to do)

I would like to have all these operations behind a button on my application,
with no need of the user to go Preferences, Network, Dial etc...

I'm going start to read the Palm OS Network Programming by Greg Winton, the
communication part of the book Palm Programming: The Developer's Guide and
the Palm OS Programming Companion Volume II - Communications.

All these books have a lot of information and if somebody on this list
already did a similar stuff like the one I want would be really very nice if
can point me the right direction.

Also if there are any libraries or products that would meet my needs I would
like to get information about.

Thanks againg for all the help I found here.

Sincerely,

Marlon.