I too missed a Brief emulation, so I edit with CodeWright emulating Brief and
compile with CodeWarrior (both CWs at the same time ;) Unlike in the DOS days,
where you most often couldn't open the same file in read-write mode in two
applications, CodeWarrior doesn't complain, it just notices the source file was
modified outside its editor and offers to re-load it. However, on a few
occasions, modifying a source file in CodeWarrior (like when fixing compile
errors) would truncate its end back into CodeWright.

--
Luc Le Blanc