At 06:44 PM 8/3/2003, Randall Pulsifer wrote:
Anyone have any tips on how to remove a breakpoint that just won't quit?
I'm using CW9 on Win2k with Sony's OS5 Simulator (NZ90). I had placed
the BP and used it to debug as usual, then tapped the little red dot to
get rid of it - the dot went away, but the [EMAIL PROTECTED]' debugger stops in
the same place anyway! I removed object code, recompiled, hit "Clear All
Breakpoints" from the menu, deleted the line that it stops on (that
stopped it until I put the line back in), checked for accidental
EventPoints, rebooted, moved lines of code around that didn't mind - but
the breakpoint continues to follow this  subtraction operation. I could
just F5 it, but the line in question is in my DmComparF routine which
gets called 179 times each time a sort occurs.

Only odd thing - it doesn't stop with the solid blue arrow, but with the
dotted blue arrow, that might indicate waiting for user input if you
were single stepping.

Any Ideas???

Did you save the simulator state and restore it while your program was loaded? It sounds like the program is loaded at a different location in memory than the debugger expects, so its not seeing a breakpoint there, but the instructions are still modified in memory to set the breakpoint.

Try deleting the pSYM file for your project, and also start from a totally clean simulator session.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead