Ron,

>Although total dynamic heap size is fixed by the hardware vendor,
>the amount of available dynamic memory is not,

Yes, I should have said "maximum".  My larger point was that the vendor
determines the allocation between storage and dynamic, which is fixed.

>Because of this, it is important to test an application with much less
>dynamic heap available than the default amount available on a clean idle
>handheld after a cold boot.

And that to me is one of the reasons a drawlist callback is preferable to a list
stored in dynamic memory.  Testing under low memory conditions is a good idea,
and programs like Memory Hog make it easy to do so.

Doug