On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:35:28 -0300, "rguevara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have some questions about those functions:
>
>MemHandleSize work over one chunk unlocked?

Documentation is silent on locked vs unlocked.
It should work either way,

>if i do: recordH = DmGetRecord(PedidosDB, NuevoIndice);
>and later:
>                    length=(MemHandleSize(registroH)

'recordH' is not the same as 'registroH'.

If you are using two names to refer to the same handle, then
perhaps you are mixing them up. If DmReleaseRecord is called
the Handle may not be valid anymore.

>                    +StrLen(item.items[gcantitems-1].codigo)+1
>                    +sizeof(item.items[gcantitems-1].cantidad)
>                    +sizeof(item.items[gcantitems-1].precio));
>
>i get:              (1.0) called SysFatalAlert with the message:
>                    "MemoryMgr.c, Line:4359, Free handle"
>
>and (continue) i get:
>                    (1.0) just read from memory location 0x01440000,
>                     causing a bus error.
>(reset)
>¿?
>
>if later MemHandleResize work with this handle without problems in other case

You probably shouldn't do that. Use DmResizeRecord to change record sizes.
You might get away with it, but run into trouble later.

bullshark