Actually, I didn't explain myself very well. I also need to have the user enter the floating point number as well as displaying it.

Aron.

From: Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Displaying floating point num in column of table?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:42:03 -0500

At 02:27 PM 8/22/2003, Aron Preseley wrote:
I need to display a floating point number as one of the columns in a table.

Since there is no built in type for floats in TableItemType, I was looking for some advice on an easy way to deal with floating point numbers in a table.

Using a customTableItem means I have to write all kinds of event handlers, which is a pain.

It is a pain, but a customTableItem is really the best way to display any kind of read-only data. The only handler you really have to write is the draw handler -- load and save handlers aren't needed for read-only data.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead