For anyone who might be interested or doing a similar function, my problem
was in AddPickedItem, where the very first item of the dynamic list was set.
( pickedListStringP.stringListP=itemToAdd;)  Because I was doing this by
pointer, when the second item was added, the first list was freed, thus
unintentionally freeing itemToAdd as well, which was a pointer to an item in
another list.  So two things were getting deallocated without my knowledge,
and since the only time the program crashed was when I added more than one
item to the list, I (mistakenly) assumed the problem was in the addition of
items after #1.