At 06:33 PM 9/2/2003, Eric Potter wrote:
Is it possible to determine if you've read past the end of a va_list?
As far as I can tell, when you go past the end of the list, va_arg
returns a pointer that is not NULL, but it is bogus. When this pointer
is passed to one of the string api's, the emulator throws a bus error.
The value of the pointer is 03FD0000, but I assume that it is not safe
to check against that.

The C standard says that you need to have a method, outside va_args, for determining when you're done. printf uses its format string. Some other functions require the last parameter be NULL, or that you provide a parameter count up front.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead