Monika Kauntz wrote:
I am confused on what to do with file i/o calls in my code.
I am trying to port existing c code to Palm OS 5 and I am having problems
figuring out what to do for fopen.

Well, yes. This is because fopen is for files, and the concept of files is largely an invalid one on the Palm. Exactly what to map it to depends on what you're doing.

If, for instance, you're using a series of static support files for your application, it would make sense to include the file contents "stream" as a resource embedded in the application. (This is what it sounds like you're trying to do, but I'm not really sure.)

If you need to store a bit of data between runs, stuffing it in the preferences manager is your best bet. If it's "user data," storing it in as a record in a custom database might be more appropriate.

On the other hand, if you're looking to open a "file" on an external memory card, VFSOpen might be your best bet.

So... what are you really looking to do? It'll help answer your question. :)