Is there any call for such a thing?  I'm currently developing one for my
own suite of applications soon to be released and was wondering if
others would find such a library useful - it covers the following broad
areas:

1) VFS helpers (VFS enabled, etc.)
2) VFS Dialogs (PalmOS UI Guidelines-compliant Open/Save)
3) General functions (application switching, form object pointers, etc.)
4) Enhanced debugging including message display, error display
(optionally exiting the application or restarting the device) with error
name lookup,
5) Common forms (modified Tips dialog w/ custom font, title, and the
ability to use a pointer vs. string resource, common about dialogs w/ or
w/o registration)
6) A shared registration system (Base-32 encoded keys)
7) Generic Sony HiRes+ support
8) Enhanced string functions (StrBasename, etc.)
9) General, extensible, event-based plugin system w/ management

All dialogs support Sony HiRes+ and a Jog wheel.  If anyone has
suggestions or specific requests, I'll be glad to hear them.  Also, if
anyone wants further information, just e-mail me directly and I'll send
you much prettier documentation.  (A demonstration application is
available, but does not demonstrate the full capabilities of the library
yet.)

On a side note, this library is being developed as a GLib library, not a
standard SharedLib - thus potentially limiting it to use in
GCC-developed applications.  (Use of globals within the library and ease
of integration into an application are two reasons for the decision to
use GLib.)  I will investigate using GLib libraries in other
environments.

--
Matthew (Darkstorm) Bevan       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Margin Software, NECTI.  http://www.marginsoftware.com