I wrote earlier :

> Is the data stream format used by ExgDBWrite published? My app has to
> beam either a whole DB or a subset of it. Even in the latter case, I
> must send the AppInfoBlock along with the selected records. If  I could
> emulate ExgDBWrite when beaming a subset of the DB, the receiving device
> could always use ExgDBRead, no matter what case I'm in. Otherwise, since
> my records are variable sized, I will have to prefix every ExgSend block
> with length info to allow splitting the resulting file stream.

According to
http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/fileformats/PDB+PRCFormat.html,
"If you have a chunk of data on the handheld device that is formatted as
described in this chapter, you can use either the DmCreateDatabaseFromImage
function or the ExgDBRead function to convert that data into a Palm
Database."

So if I write the DB as a flat file, things shall be with ExgDBRead. But
given that I must build the header block before writing the records, I
wonder if it's not more trouble than just packing the records one after the
other with a length info between each ;)

> How can I control the name of the DB received with ExgDBRead? Does it
> have to be the same as what is sent by ExgDBWrite or can it be changed
> along the way (in the socket maybe)?

I'll try changing the name in the socket, just to see.

--
Luc Le Blanc