I am experiencing a problem with my hack, it's
supposed to replace a default character to another
character (whether it is a non-roman or roman
character). I have been able to replace it to another
roman character, but I have not been able to replace
Palm default character to non-roman character. I was
wondering if downloading the right font database will
solve my problem? If yes, could you please tell me
where to download the database for non-roman font
database?

In order to use "non-roman" (I assume you mean characters outside of the Latin character set) characters you'll need to have the appropriate hack or locale module installed on your device, unless you're just trying to draw text.

a snippet of my code:

event->data.keyDown.chr = 0x3060; /* when character is
'a' for example change it to Jap character */

It looks like you're setting the keydown event to the Unicode value for the Japanese Hiragana DA. If the device encoding was Unicode this would work, but that's not currently available. If you were running on a Japanese device, then you'd set the .chr field to 0x82BE, which is the Shift-JIS code for this character.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
<http://www.krugler.org>