thank you for your answer!
sorry,I am use telephony sms for sending and receiveing chinese sms,
but it's disordered coding with all coding mode(five kinds)

/*
kTelSms8BitsEncoding 0 8-bit encoding.
kTelSmsBitsASCIIEncoding 1 ANSI X3.4 encoding.
kTelSmsIA5Encoding 2 CCITT T.50 encoding.
kTelSmsIS91Encoding 3 TIA/EIA/IS-91 section 3.7.1 encoding.
kTelSmsUCS2Encoding 4 UCS2 encoding; used with GSM only.
kTelSmsDefaultGSMEncoding
*/
Can you tell me if it's must use TxtConvertEncoding function?

If what must use TxtConvertEncoding? I'm assuming you're trying to run on pre-5.3 versions of Palm OS. If so, then my previous suggestion is the only work-around I can think of, unless you're bypassing SMSLib or writing your own library.

-- Ken

>> I am developing Receiving sms software with Pol
but the return is disordered coding !

In China, SMS is encoded using UCS-2. In Taiwan, the encoding is GSM if the message only contains 7-bit ASCII, otherwise it also uses UCS-2.

Versions of SMSLib prior to Palm OS 5.3 don't support UCS-2, IIRC.
You might be able to get it to work properly by converting to UCS-2
yourself (using TxtConvertEncoding), then send it as 8-bit raw,
which I believe is supported.

I don't know what would happen on the receive size when older
versions of SMSLib get sent UCS-2.

--
Ken Krugler
<http://www.krugler.org>