I have written a small app that, once installed on a T3 device, will make
the power off / power on bug go away.

The app subscribes to the sysNotifyLateWakeupEvent being sent out after the
device has powered back on.

When it receives this event, it creates, starts and immediately deletes a
sndInput sound stream.

This makes the I2S hardware stop the CPU interrupt flooding and the T3 will
show the same performance and benchmarks as after a reset, even after a
power off / power on sequence. :)

Many thanks to Robert Hildinger for isolating the I2S hardware as the cause
of the slowdown.

The app, named "T3PowerOnBugFix", can be downloaded from
http://www.clievideo.com/T3Bugfix.zip .

If you install this on a T3, I would appreciate some feedback on whether it
works as advertised on your device aswell.

Jonatan Fernstad
www.clievideo.com