When I did the bitmap families for my graphic buttons, I of course have one family for
the normal appearance of the button and one for the "selected" appearance when you
hold the stylus on it. For the normal bitmap family, I made a 2-color bitmap for
monochrome devices and a 256-color bitmap for color devices (I might fill out the set
later).

For the "selected" bitmap family, I really just wanted an inverse white-on-black
appearance so I created just a 2-color b&w bitmap and figured that PalmOS would take
it from there. It is working OK, but on my Tungsten-T I notice that the graphic is
actually white on a dark green when the button is selected. Since they are small to
begin with and it still looks OK, this is not a big deal, but I was wondering why it
does not map the black in the 2-color bitmap to actual black on the device.

  Doug Gordon