At 05:06 PM 12/11/2003, David Beers wrote:
I'd like to be able to use CodeWarrior 9 to contribute to an open source
project where most of the developers are using GCC.  I don't know much about
GCC, but from looking at the code I can see that the segmentation of the
code is done on a function-by-function basis, rather than file-by-file as is
normally the case with CodeWarrior.  One resolution, of course, would be to
break up the files so that functions that are in the same code segment are
in separate files from ones in other segments.  But this seems somewhat
disruptive since I'm in the minority in using CW--especially since I imagine
it might wreak havoc when performing a merge with CVS. So I'm wondering: is
it possible to do segmenting with CW on a function-by-function basis similar
to the way it's done in GCC?

Yes. Use "#pragma segment" before each function to set the segment that the following chunks of code will be placed into. Documentation is in the C/C++ Compiler manual.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead