Alan Ingleby wrote:
Not really sure if this is the right forum for this...

My client hotsyncs to a pretty powerful machine running a dual Xeon
processor setup.  He occasionally gets a BSOD in Win2K caused by
PalmUSBD.sys.  I've advised him to upgrade to the latest version of Palm
Desktop, which may fix the problem, but was wondering if anyone else has had
similar problems.

I'm having a similar problem with my new Hyperthreading P4. It quite often BSODs in PalmUSBD.sys when installing PRCs from Pilot Install.

I guess it could be a problem with a bug I've heard about instruction
re-ordering when using hyperthreading, so I'll only use 1 CPU for Pilot
Install until there's a patch for that.

Does anybody have any more info about this?

Magnus