Ask your user to use their nail, it works much better than the finger itself,
and it's more precise too. And it doesn't get the screen dirty. Whenever I
don't pull my stylus, I use my little finger, I can even write Graffiti for a
quick phone lookup. You may notice cashiers with touch screens do that too.

--
Luc Le Blanc