Yes, I look for the event before I let SysHandleEvent see it.
My code does work on pre-5.0 systems, so it is something in the OS
that has changed.  I'm wondering if PalmOS 5.x or, maybe it is
Tungsten specific, is just not generating the event since it replaces
the graffiti area with the keyboard instead of displaying the keyboard
over the application.  That would be unfortunate.

mike