> MemHandleLock is surprisingly slow function. I've benchmarked it many
> times and got awful results - it was a times slower than everything else
>  in my program. I found no way to avoid it - even if I use the the
> handle as a pointer to pointer (and the value it points is the actual
> value I receive from MemHandleLock) I'm getting fatal alerts. So the
> only way I found is to make a FtrPtrNew at the start of the program,
> lock all the records and store the pointers in this feature memory, then
> unlock back at the end. Sad but true.

I've found the same thing to be true.  E.g., when doing a bubble sort of a
few hundred records, the constant locking and unlocking of records really
slows things down quite a bit.  But, if I lock all of the records first, do
the sort, and then unlock them, its much faster (maybe 3-5 times faster,
though I've never done any timing tests).

Rich