I'm about to release a few products that share the same Preferences.  So,
the applications do not share the same Creator ID as the Preferences.
Rather, they each have their own Creator ID and the Preferences have a
unique ID.  I obviously don't want to orphan the Preferences, but at the
same time, I don't want to share Creator IDs across applications (I don't
think that's even possible to share Creator IDs and even it if was, I don't
think I'd want to because deleting one app off the handheld would take all
of the Preferences and databases with it, which would hose the other apps
with the same Creator ID).

All of the apps have similar names -- e.g., AppLite, AppPro, etc.  A simple
solution occurs to me is that, each App would have it's own Creator ID and
the Preferences would have a different Creator ID.  There would be an
additional, tiny (1K) app called "AppSettings" that would share the same
Creator ID as the Preferences and any support files.  So, anyone deleting
the products would likely keep the AppSettings program on their handheld
unless they were deleting all my my apps.  When deleting all of the
Applications, they'd delete the AppSetting app, too, taking the preferences
and support database with it.

Anyway, that the solution I'm thinking about, but am wondering if anyone
sees pitfalls or a better way of sharing preferences without orphaning them
on the handheld.

Thanks,
Rich